Today we celebrated my Mimi's 90th birthday with over 50 people at my parents house in Little Rock! It was so fun to see all the many people who love my grandmother as much as I do. Here are a few highlights from the afternoon:
1. My eight year-old cousin, Jake, dressed up in a sport coat, tie, and captains hat and asked all the guests if they needed anymore cake or drinks. We had to tell him that, unlike people in our family, most people are not gluttons and will limit themselves to only one piece.
2. One of my grandmother's oldest and dearest friends thought Reid's dad was my husband.
3. Thirty minutes into the party my grandmother declared that she couldn't talk to anymore people. I guess you can say those things when you are ninety.
4. My mom trying to talk to one of my grandmother's friends, "Aunt" Mil, and telling her that she would love to get together sometime. The conversation, according to my cousin, went as follows:
Mom: We must get together sometime. Wouldn't that be fun? (And in a singsong voice) Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!
Aunt Mil: (looking straight ahead at my mom) What is she saying?
5. And my favorite moment occured after the party was over, my grandmother was reading through the cards that had been left for her and fell asleep.